We Are Ready To Serve You.
Based on the Order by the City of Austin and Travis County to “Stay Home, Mask, and Otherwise Be Safe”, all in-person customer services remain suspended. Most of our services are still available by phone, video conference, email and our online portal, Austin Build + Connect (AB+C). For information on our modified services, please visit our DSD-COVID-19 page.
The Environmental Inspection Division performs inspections on permitted site plans for temporary and permanent erosion controls, stormwater controls, critical environmental features, protection of trees and natural areas, landscape installation, and compliance with site plan requirements. The environmental inspectors also respond to citizen complaints of possible environmental violations relating to active construction and initiate appropriate enforcement for noncompliant sites.
Prior to construction, a pre-construction conference is held between contractors, developers and environmental inspectors to ensure controls are compliant. Inspections are conducted periodically during construction to ensure that temporary erosion controls are compliant, remain in place, and development is consistent with approved plans. A final environmental inspection is required before the site work is considered complete.
- Inspect permitted land developments and construction sites for compliance with City environmental protection regulations
- Perform site investigations and evaluate best management practices for erosion/sedimentation control and tree preservation and for compliance with landscape and tree ordinances
- Perform final inspections of drainage facilities and other site improvements
- Perform site investigations to evaluate the need for additional staff support (i.e. involvement of biologists and geologists)
- Identify locations of environmentally sensitive resources
- Provide technical assistance and education to citizens, community/special interest groups, developers, etc. on environmental/engineering code requirements, ordinances, and regulations
- Provide testimony and affidavits for enforcement cases
- Issue directives and initiate enforcement actions for non-compliance with environmental and drainage regulations
The inspectors are divided up geographically into north and South Zones, Barton Springs Zone, and Landscaping. There is also an enforcement component.
- View Inspector Map
- View Inspector Phone List
Environmental Inspections: 512-974-2278
Environmental Inspection Name Office Cell E.C. Program Manager McDonald, John 512-974-2183 512-665-4024 TEMP Admin. Specialist Rodela, Karen 512-974-2115 EV Compliance Supervisor Kemp, Amanda 512-974-2292 512-661-6736 6 Randle, Arester 512-665-2964 7 Rodriguez, Angelita 512-665-0400 8 Kramer, Jerrett 512-426-3843 EV Compliance Supervisor Brown, Walter 512-974-6329 512-999-5679 2 Anderson, Neal 512-665-3072 3 Bogard, Michael 512-605-9705 5 Ruiz, Robert L. 512-665-2484 ENFORCEMENT/LANDSCAPING Name Office Cell EV Compliance Supervisor Chapman, David 512-974-4946 512-665-3396 4 and Landscape Inspector – City Wide Hendricks, Brent 512-647-8034 9 and South Adair, Lyle 512-605-8457 1 and North Wyrick, Amanda 512-999-4535
Phone: 3-1-1 (inside the city limits), or 512-974-2000 (outside the city limits)