The following projects qualify for same-day service with the Express permitting process. Download the Residential Express Permit Application.
- Replacing windows (size for size)
- Replacing exterior doors (size for size)
- Adding/removing siding
- Adding/removing brick
- Adding/removing insulation
- Repairing a roof to the extent of replacing decking boards
- Repairing foundation without increasing impervious cover
- Bathroom remodel (tub/shower conversions) & kitchen remodel
- Only tub/shower/sink surround drywall can be removed
- Walls cannot be relocated or removed
- Plumbing fixtures cannot be relocated or added
- Interior non-structural exploratory
- Remove drywall/insulation only for purposes of structural observation or evaluation
- Smoke detectors and co alarms must be to code
- Drywall repair only
- Repair in excess of 64 sq.ft.
- Smoke detectors and Carbon Monoxide alarms must meet code requirements
Note: If the scope of work exceeds the above requirements, you will not be able to submit an Express Permit application. See Residential Plan Review forms for a list of applications.