If you are temporarily loading or unloading non-construction materials or if you need to place a temporary storage device in the right of way, this is the permit you will need. Read "Parking Considerations" for a list of specific types of work.

I have a question about ...

Pay Station Map Fees ROW Conflict Resolution
Notification and Signoff Form Contacts Checklist - coming soon!

What do I need to know before applying for my Parking Permit?

  • You must provide the following documents:
    • A Notification and Signoff Form delivered to all adjacent properties (i.e. property owner, manager, or resident)
      • Adjacent properties are those that are immediately next to an impacted area
      • Make at least two attempts to contact; if contact cannot be made then submit a statement noting the dates the attempts were made
  • You must submit your request for a parking permit a minimum of 3 business days in advance of the requested date.  You must pay for your request a minimum of 2 business days in advance of the requested date.
    • If these time frames are not met, your request may be rejected and/or you may be required to reserve the area yourself
  • Permits cannot be issued for advertisement purposes, displays, exhibitions, or private parking.
  • Heavy equipment (e.g. forklifts) used for loading and unloading, may need to obtain a Temporary Use of Right of Way Permit (TURP).
  • Parking permits cannot be extended.  The date(s) provided must be accurate.


How do I get a permit for my moving/storage container?

Permits for moving/storage containers are issued on a case-by-case basis, depending on the type of device and location.  In addition to the information outlined above, you must also provide an image of the location where you wish to place the container.  It will also be necessary to secure two parking spaces and place Type III barricades on both sides of the device.  Read more about the requirements for placing a moving/storage container in the "Parking Considerations" document linked above.


Can I reserve parking of unmetered and/or restricted zones?

Yes, unmetered and/or restricted zones may be reserved; however this determination is made on a case-by-case basis.  Permits cannot be issued for "No Parking" or Handicap Zones.  


How do I apply for a Parking Permit?

Read “How to Apply for Permits on the ABC Website”.  Log in to ABC to apply for the permit:

  • Select "Apply for Right of Way Permits / Special Events" from the menu on the left side of the screen, then select "Right of Way" to view application options
  • Description: Who, What, When, Where, Why, How
    • Example: ABC Events request parking in the 300 blk of W 2nd St NC, EE Pay Station #0441. 5 spaces for musicians loading/unloading equipment on 08/23/21 - 08/24/21.
  • An image of location, if requesting to place a temporary storage unit.
  • Meter numbers you’ll be occupying.