I have a question about ...
|DAPCZ Boundaries||Mobility Guidelines||Traffic Control|
|DAPCZ Meeting Schedule||Permits||Utility Coordination|
What is the Downtown Austin Project Coordination Zone (DAPCZ)?
The DAPCZ encompasses downtown proper. Per Ordinance 14-11-167, activities within this zone must coordinate with one another before construction can begin.
What is the DAPCZ meeting? Why is it important?
The DAPCZ meeting is a monthly gathering run by Right of Way Management, attended by City, utility, and private project representatives. The meetings allow neighboring projects to coordinate via construction phasing, sharing of work zones, joint trenching, and allowing for regular communication with other project managers and area stakeholders.
Who needs to attend the DAPCZ meeting?
DAPCZ meeting attendance is required if a project falls within the DAPCZ boundaries and meets the one of the following conditions:
- Excavation of 25 linear feet or greater
- Work lasting 31+ days
- Any work associated with a long-term project
When are the DAPCZ meetings?
DAPCZ meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of every month.
How do I get added to the DAPCZ Project List?
Email project details to DAPCZ Coordinators at ROWProjectCoordination@austintexas.gov. Provide the information listed below no later than the Friday before the next DAPCZ meeting.
- Project Name
- Project Location
- Project Description (detailed)
- Name, Phone #, Email Address of Project Manager
- Project Owner
- Start Date (estimated)
- Duration (estimated)
- Project Status (e.g. active Site Plan, pending General Permit)
- Comment (detailed update of current project state including subcontractors performing work)
How do I provide project updates?
Email project details to DAPCZ Coordinators at ROWProjectCoordination@austintexas.gov. Provide the information listed below no later than the Friday before the next DAPCZ meeting. The email subject line should be the previously provided Project Name.
- Any updates regarding project contacts, duration, or status
- Comment (detailed update of current project state including any subcontractors performing work)