Peace of mind with Austin Water - dependable and affordable water service of the highest quality
Clean and Safe Water
You can count on Austin's high quality water for your family's drinking, cooking and cleaning needs.
Our water quality lab experts test and re-test your drinking water, multiple times a day, every day, to ensure that you receive clean, safe, and reliable water - every time you turn on the tap.
- Learn about our high quality water with the new Water Quality Report.
- Read frequently asked questions about COVID-19 and water.
The City of Austin’s Stay Home, Work Safe orders expires on May 30, 2020. As buildings begin to reopen, facility staff should flush systems to ensure water quality and safety. The following resources provide guidance:
- American Water Works Association - Responding to Water Stagnation in Buildings with Reduced or No Water Use
- Environmental Protection Agency – Restoring Water Quality in Buildings
- ANSI/ASHRAE – Risk Management for Building Water Systems
- Environmental Science, Policy and Research Institute – Flushing Guidance for Periods of Low or No Use
For concerns with taste, odor, color, or stagnation of drinking water call 512-972-0153.
We've lowered residential rates by 10% and suspended disconnections to help families during these difficult times. We also teamed up with Austin Energy to provide a combined $10 million in immediate utility bill assistance for Austinites who may be struggling financially in the months to come.
Bill Pay Assistance
Other Ways to Save
Here are some helpful resources to help you keep your water bill down and avoid costly expenses.
- Reduce your water bill by saving water - Water Saving Tips
- Prevent costly sewer clogs and repairs by only flushing toilet paper and personal waste - No Wipes in Pipes
Doing Business with Us
Precautions have been in place at our facilities and treatment plants to ensure continuous and uninterrupted water and wastewater services while maintaining social distancing.