If you are experiencing no water or a major water line emergency, check to see if it has been reported on our AW Leak and Outage Map.

24 hour Emergency Service:

Contact Austin Water Dispatch at 512-972-1000

  • request an emergency water shut-off at your meter
  • report water main leak or break
  • report clogged or overflowing wastewater main
  • report fire hydrant leak

Other water or wastewater requests:

Use the Austin 3-1-1 mobile app or the online form for issues with water meters, high/low water pressurewater taste and discoloration, and sewer odor. If issues are occurring within an apartment complex, apartment maintenance must be contacted to resolve issue.


NOTE: It is important to know who to contact for permanent repair.

When repairs have been made which affect the roadway, sidewalk, curbs, gutters or driveways, Austin Water will make temporary repairs and submit a request for permanent repairs to City of Austin - Public Works, Street and Bridge Division for permanent repairs.

To check on the status of the permanent repair, please contact 311.