The Austin-Bergstrom Airport Expansion and Development program (AEDP) will modernize and improve AUS while serving as a catalyst for economic prosperity in Central Texas for business opportunities for professional services, construction, and concessions firms- large and small especially diverse and local companies.
Request for Qualifications (RFQS): Design-Build AUS Central Utility Plant Relocation
12-Month Procurement Schedule
Stay tuned for information about 2024 events!
Previous Events: Info and Materials
On November 9 2023, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport hosted the final Journey With AUS Industry Day event of the year for the business and contracting community to learn more about upcoming opportunities across the airport.
The event featured a panel discussion from AUS leaders and the City of Austin Economic Development Department & Small and Minority Business Resource Department leadership
Journey With AUS – Are You Ready? Get Set! Let’s Go! - Three-Part Series
AUS hosted a three-part series throughout summer of 2023 for small, local and diverse businesses to learn more about opportunities through the Airport Expansion and Development Program.
Session 1 – July 12, 2023
“Are You Ready?”
- Update on the AEDP
- Meet the AUS team
- Expectations of procurement – types, funding, timing
Session 2 – August 9, 2023
- Update on the AEDP and expected procurements
- Breakout rooms for the following opportunities:
- Professional services
Session 3 – September 20, 2023
In Person Event – In conjunction with Airport Minority Advisory Council (AMAC)
- Update on the AEDP, procurements, potential scopes needed
- Speed Networking with potential primes
Spring 2023 Industry Day
On April 19, 2023, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport hosted a Journey With AUS Industry Day for the business and contracting community to learn more about upcoming opportunities through the Airport Expansion and Development Program. Thank you to everyone who attended! Event materials presentations are below:
- Austin Airport Expansion and Development Program Overview
- Program schedule visualization
- Path to WIN!
- Upcoming projects: Midfield Concourse and Tunnel
- Upcoming projects: Barbara Jordan Terminal and Arrivals/Departures Hall
- Upcoming projects: Utilities and Infrastructure
- Upcoming projects: Other Airport Contracts
- Small and Minority Business Resources Overview
- Doing Business with AUS: Proposal Submittal Process
Industry Day Registration List
- City of Austin Resources for Contractors
All contractors, consultants, and vendors can register with the City's Purchasing Department here: Vendor Registration with the City of Austin
Contractors, consultants, and vendors can also register with the City's SMBR Department here: City of Austin Small & Minority Business Department
For IT contractors and vendors, it is helpful to participate as a Texas Department of Information Resources vendor. For more information, please visit their website here: Texas Department of Information Resources
The Capital Contracting Office provides current bid and RFQ opportunities, standard bid documents, and links to other key pages here: City of Austin Capital Contracting Office
More information about contracting opportunities at the City of Austin can be found at the below:
- Department of Aviation General Construction and Design Resources
The Department of Aviation (AUS) has a resource wepagepage for construction and design standards and specifications that apply to all airport construction projects. Visit the Construction and Design Resources for the Aiport page.