Click on the image or here to watch the Ambassador Volunteer Program video
Airport Ambassadors is a volunteer organization designed to provide exceptional customer service to airport passengers and visitors. Volunteers offer assistance to customers in need of guidance or information.
- Welcome and assist visitors to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Provide a professional, courteous image to passengers and visitors, leaving them with the knowledge that AUS is friendly and hospitable part of the Austin community.
- Work with Department of Aviation staff members providing passengers and visitors with accurate and timely airport, Austin, and regional information.
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to approach and communicate clearly in English and comfortably articulate with a wide diversity of individuals.
- Ability to interact with fellow volunteers and work in a team environment
- A willingness to learn about all aspects of the Airport and be informed about tourist and cultural offerings in the Austin region.
- Be flexible and able to adapt to fluctuating passenger demands and airport changes.
- Reliability – a minimum commitment of 4 hours per week.
- Dedication – commit at least 6 months to the program after training.
- Be physically able to perform the duties of the job.
- Be committed to providing exceptional customer service.
Volunteer Days and Times Needed:
Sunday - Saturday:
9:00 a.m. - 1 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
To be considered as a volunteer, applicants must first complete a 10 year back ground check to have access to secured areas in the terminal.
- Respond to inquiries in a positive, professional manner.
- Use the volunteer manual and other reference materials to direct passengers appropriately and accurately.
- Provide directions to and from the airport to local tourist attractions and landmarks
- Provide information on accessing airport services and navigating the terminals and airport grounds.
- Assist travelers in the use of the digital courtesy phone
- Keep accurate records of all services and information provided (tally sheets)
- Stock supplies and brochures/maps in the appropriate racks.
- Be alert to airport changes; read updates before starting every shift; inform staff when changes occur.
- Project a warm, friendly, and hospitable impression of the Airport and the City of Austin
- Discounts on airport concessions
- Free Airport parking (for work or vacation)
- Free Cap Metro I-Ride cards for volunteers wishing to use the system for commuting to/from volunteering
- Special recognition/social functions with fellow volunteers
- The satisfaction that comes with helping other
- Attend a 2 hour comprehensive interview/orientation session
- Attend a minimum of 16 hours training with staff/volunteers before working a shift alone.
- A commitment to teamwork
- Volunteer at least 4 hours a week
- Be flexible and reliable
- Volunteer at least 6 months after training.
- Airport Volunteer shirt provided by the AUS Information Program
- Blue or black pants or skirt (provided by volunteer)
- Comfortable closed-toe shoes (provided by volunteer)
- Volunteer airport badge (provided by AUS)
- A welcoming smile
For More Information:
AUS Volunteer Programs are adding qualified individuals. Interested individuals may contact the Visitor Information Center Supervisor for more information at volunteeratabia@FlyAustin.com or call 512-530-6302.