Construction Time Frame
Medium Service Pump Station Project: Projected Completion: December 2023
Power Distribution Upgrade project: Projected Completion: June 2023
Dates are projected as accurately as possible, but are subject to change.
Medium Service Pump Station project:
- Construction of a new medium service pump station with a pumping capacity of 60 million gallons of water per day
- Demolition of the existing medium service pump station building and other associated civil, mechanical and electrical work
Power Distribution Upgrade project:
- Construction of a new electrical substation building
- Connection of upgraded service from Austin Energy and distribution of power to various process areas of the plant
Work for this project will be limited to City-owned property at the Davis Water Treatment Plant and part of the buffer area adjacent to the existing fence.
- Construction for these projects is confined within the plant and adjacent City-owned buffer area; impact to neighborhood is expected to be limited.
- A temporary fence will be installed in the buffer area adjacent to the existing fence to allow for installation of electrical conduit and construction of new structures.
- Contractor will adhere to the City's noise ordinance, but typical construction noise can be expected within approved working hours from trucks and equipment.
Lighting Plan Aerial
Tree Removal Plan
Conduit/Electrical Feeder Plan
Updated Traffic Control Plan
Traffic Control Plan
James King, Project Manager, Public Works
Chris Wolter, Engineer, Austin Water
Emlea Chanslor, Public Information, Austin Water