Customers can apply for this water meter in person at the Consumer Services Division, located at 625 E. 10th Street, Suite 200 between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, or fax in the completed application to 972-0024.
The applicant must:
- Submit complete application
- Pay required deposit; fee varies with meter size
- Schedule to have the meter installed
- Provide a certified backflow prevention device at applicant's cost, or
- Maintain an unobstructable air gap from the truck piping to the top of the tank
- Notify the Austin Water Utility of monthly usage
- Notify the Austin Water Utility when the meter is no longer needed
Specific information regarding approved backflow devices can be accessed here.
Information on the City's fire hydrant ordinance can be accessed here.