Find helpful resources to expand, upgrade or maintain your residential or commercial system. New resources are available to help our customers do business with us.
Doing Business With Us
We invite you to view the new resources and information available below to help you do business with Austin Water while maintaining social distancing.
- Service Extension Request
We encourage Service Extension Request (SER) applications and associated backup materials to initially be submitted electronically to SER@austintexas.gov for screening and invoice generation.
An invoice will be generated and then a payment can be made over the phone (512-972-0009) or in person at the cashier's office on the 5th floor of Waller Creek Center. Hard copies of the Service Extension Request application should still be mailed or hand delivered to the security desk on the 1st floor of Waller Creek Center (Attention: Albert Ramirez).
- Tap Plan Review
Tap plans will continue to be reviewed and processed electronically thru the ABC Portal. For any questions, please coordinate with Reyna Holmes (Reyna.Holmes@austintexas.gov or 512-972-0202). The majority of meetings will transition to virtual, online meetings, instead of face to face meetings.
- Commercial (Sites and Subdivisions) Plan Review
Site plans and subdivision plans, project reviews and approvals will be performed electronically, effective March 23, 2020. Attached you will find a one page step by step process guide for this process. The majority of meetings will transition to virtual, online meetings, instead of face to face meetings. For additional questions, please email the project coordinator directly or visit http://austintexas.gov/page/pipeline-engineering
- Commercial Site Plan Plumbing Reviews
Virtual site plan plumbing review consultations are encouraged using existing email and video conferencing alternatives. For more information, contact Cory Harmon (Cory.Harmon@austintexas.gov or 512-974-2882).
- Austin Utility Location and Coordination Committee Review
Consultations with Austin Water's Austin Utility Location Coordination Committee review team are encouraged to be conducted virtually utilizing existing email and video conferencing alternatives. For additional information, please contact Utility Coordination and Real Estate Supervisor Eric Sermeno (Eric.Sermeno@austintexas.gov or 512-972-0497).
- As-Built Records
Records requests should be submitted electronically to AW’s Infrastructure Records group using AWRecords@austintexas.gov. Any questions should be directed to Tony Rodriguez (Tony.Rodriguez@austintexas.gov or 512-972-0277).
- Taps Permitting
Consultations with the Taps Permitting Office will be conducted electronically utilizing existing email, phone, and video conferencing alternatives.
Taps staff are available via phone at 512-972-0000. If calling, please select Option 5 for service plan verification forms, tap permit applications, and tap locations or Option 4 for truck/hydrant meter applications
- Residential Tap Permit applications and payments may be submitted through the Austin Build + Connect website
- Commercial Tap Permit applications may be submitted via email to AWTaps@austintexas.gov Water/Wastewater Service Plan Verification (WWWSPV) forms may be submitted via email to AWTaps@austintexas.gov
- Requests for tap locations may be sent to AWTaps@austintexas.gov
- Payments can be called in to the Austin Water cashier at 512-972-0009
- Other requests for information or needs may be sent to AWTaps@austintexas.gov
I want to connect or extend service
- Service Connections - New water and wastewater service connections installed by the customer and maintained by Austin Water
- Service Extension Request - Requests by a landowner to extend City water or wastewater utility service to a tract of land
I need a water meter or tap
I need technical help and maintenance assistance
Commercial customers, contractors, developers, and other valued partners
- Construction Standards are available to help engineers and contractors design and build water, reclaimed water and wastewater infrastructure projects in the City of Austin.
- Utility Development Services to assist developers and landowners in obtaining water and wastewater service for existing and future development.
- Cross Connection Controls for backflow prevention, auxiliary water sources, temporary water sources, private fire hydrants and more to help protect the public water system from contamination hazards.
- Pretreatmet and Industrial Waste Control services are avaialble to help commercial customers comply with local, state and federal regulations that require the installation, operation and maintenance of pretreatment devices and/or systems for the removal of pollutants that could damage or interfere with the wastewater treatment process.
- Infrastructure records and drawings to assist with engineering design specification - As-Built Records requests should be submitted electronically using AWRecords@austintexas.gov. Any questions should be directed to Tony Rodriguez (Tony.Rodriguez@austintexas.gov or 512-972-0277).