Internship Home Page | High School and College Internship Programs | Post Graduate Program | Careers at the Airport
Transitioning from the Military into a new career? Looking for an incredible and rewarding work experience? The Austin Airport can Help!
The Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) Veteran's Program assists veterans in transition from active duty to the civilian work environment. This program supports you through exposure and experience to the civilian workplace while refining skills and abilities necessary for successful integration into civilian organizations.
What We Offer
While gaining invaluable on-the-job experience and training during your fellowship at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, you will receive individualized career assistance through:
- Exposure to the civilian work environment and corporate business practices
- Identification of transferable skills
- Resume writing guidance and interviewing practice
- Planned and informal networking opportunities with other organizations and civilian employee
Do You Qualify?
- Minimum three (3) years of active duty or mobilized reserve duty service in a branch of the U.S.. Military Service (includes the United States Coast Guard)
- Documentation of an honorable discharge from active or reserve status
- Must be within twelve (12) months of discharge to apply for a fellowship unless you have not worked full-time since your discharge and have been enrolled as full-time student in a degree or certification program since your separation date
- Competitive Pay
- Year long
- Free Parking
- Understanding the Differences Between Military and Civilian Work Environments
- Resume, Interviewing and Networking Skills
- Increased Awareness of Skills and Aptitudes
- Construction Management
- Customer Service
- Airport Operations
- Human Resources
- Public Information
- Property Management
- Graphic Design
- Airport Planning
Program Application Details Coming Soon
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512)974-2445. The City of Austin will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation. In addition, the City will not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of an individual’s AIDS, AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; nor will the City discriminate against individuals who are perceived to be at risk of HIV infection, or who associate with individuals who are believed to be at risk.