Service Fee for Credit Card Payments (AB+C Portal): As of November 14, 2022, customers choosing to pay via credit card will be charged a service fee of 2.35% ($2.00 minimum). We encourage use of our fee-free options:
- Pay online with a checking account (online bank draft/eCheck/ACH)
- Pay in-person with a credit card for payments less than $10,000 (cannot accept payments over $10,000 in person via a credit card)
- Pay in-person via cash or check
The Fee Schedule for FY 2022-23, which went into effect Oct. 1, 2022, follows a thorough review and reduction of many development-related fees charged by the Development Services Department. It also includes the addition of fees for Alarm Administration services. To view fees related to special events and outdoor music venues, please visit the Austin Center for Events website.
FY 2022-23 Fee Schedules
- Austin Center for Events (ACE) Fees (PDF)
- Alarm Permit / Emergency Response Fees (PDF)
- Commercial Building Plan Review and Permit (PDF)
- Expedited Building Plan Review (PDF)
- General Permit / Right of Way (PDF)
- Historic Preservation (PDF)
- Land Management Fees (PDF)
- Other Permits and Fees (PDF)
- Regulatory Policy Administration (PDF)
- Residential Building Plan Review and Permit (PDF)
- Site and Subdivision Inspection / Environmental Inspection / Watershed Protection (PDF)
- Site Plan Review (PDF)
- Small Cell Permits (PDF)
- Special District Plan Review (PDF)
- Subdivision Plan Review (PDF)
- Transportation-Related Fees (PDF)
- Tree Review and Inspection (PDF)
- Underground Hazardous Material Storage and Registration (PDF)
- Water Quality Controls (PDF)
- Zoning Plan Review (PDF)
Explore the City of Austin FY 2022-23 Budget, view past annual budgets and learn more about the City's budgeting process with these resources.
- 2010 Fee Study conducted by Public Financial Management (PFM) and related Appendices.
- 2015 Fee Study conducted by Matrix Consultants.
If you have questions, please call Austin 3-1-1, or email the Development Services Department.